Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Cream of Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cream of Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Vitality.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more wholesome feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. This can be a problem, nevertheless, when it comes to eating between snacks. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Foods made from whole grains are great for a fast snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will keep you until it’s time for lunch break. Eating on the run can be much healthier with wholesome chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You can find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cream of broccoli cheddar soup recipe. To cook cream of broccoli cheddar soup you only need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cream of Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- Provide 2 ounces of butter.
- Provide 3 ounces of flour by weight- about 3/4 of a cup.
- Prepare 14 ounces of broccoli (stalk and all) — rough chopped- thinner the cut the quicker it cooks.
- Provide 3 cloves of garlic — finely chopped.
- Provide 1/2 of each onion — small diced.
- Provide 1 quart of chicken stock.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Get 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Take 1 cup of milk,.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of cheddar cheese — shredded.
Instructions to make Cream of Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- In a 4 quart sauce pan melt the butter and add the flour, for 2 minutes cook stirring over a low to moderate heat this is a white roux.
- Incorporate the stock and milk to roux using a whisk for one minute..
- Add the seasoning, broccoli, onions and garlic and cook for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Puree with hand blender, food processor or blender,start off slow so that you do not burn yourself.
- Return the soup to the stove and bring to a simmer and add cheese until melted turn off the burner and serve.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. If it seems thick add a little chicken stock or milk to thin out.
- My students think bacon and cheese go great with this as a garnish:).
If you find this Cream of Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.