Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Cornbread (Muffins or Bread) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cornbread (Muffins or Bread) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Boosting Treats.
Healthy and balanced eating helps bring about a feeling of wellness. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our daily allowance of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a portion of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. Finding snacks that will help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
If you’re looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be excellent for quick treats to eat on the go. Make the change from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You will not have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthier doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cornbread (muffins or bread) recipe. To make cornbread (muffins or bread) you need 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Cornbread (Muffins or Bread):
- You need 1 cup of cornmeal.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Use 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- Take 1/8 tsp. of salt.
- Provide 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, melted then cooled slightly.
- You need 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- Get 2 tbsp. of honey.
- Use 1 of large egg, room temperature.
- Use 1 cup of buttermilk, room temperature.
- Prepare of For Muffin Variation Add:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Optional Add In's…Add up to 1 cup (total) of the following :.
- You need of ·Corn Kernels.
- Prepare of ·Diced Jalapenos.
- Take of ·Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare of ·Blueberries.
- Use of ·Dried Cranberries and Walnuts.
Steps to make Cornbread (Muffins or Bread):
- Whisk together in a medium bowl the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside..
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar and honey until all combined and no lumps of sugar remains. Then whisk in the egg until just combined. Then whisk in the buttermilk..
- If making muffins rather than the bread, whisk in the vegetable oil to the wet mix along with the honey and sugar***.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until just combined. Careful not to overmix. In using an add-in ingredient, fold them in now..
- For Muffins: Spoon batter into greased muffin tins (either normal sized or mini), filling all the way to the top. Cooking times and temperatures for muffins listed in Step 6 and Step 7. For bread, skip to Step 8..
- For Normal Sized Muffins: Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then while keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the temperature to 350°F. Continue baking for another 15-17 minutes. Use a toothpick to test if centers are cooked through..
- For Mini Muffins: Bake for 350°F for 8-10 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean (mini muffins pictured)..
- For Bread: Grease and lightly flour a 9 inch square baking pan. Pour batter in and bake for 20 minutes at 400°F, until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Allow to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing..
- Store leftovers at room temperature for up to 1 week..
If you find this Cornbread (Muffins or Bread) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.