Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Buttermilk Corn Muffins recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Buttermilk Corn Muffins recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a number of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing several small changes.
One way to approach this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to alter everything right away or that you should entirely get rid of certain foods from your diet. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. In time, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate previously.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to buttermilk corn muffins recipe. You can cook buttermilk corn muffins using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Buttermilk Corn Muffins:
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Take 1 of + 1/8 cups buttermilk plus a little more for brushing at the end.
- Use 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Take 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Provide 3 Tablespoons of sour cream.
- Take 1 of + 1/4 cups all purpose flour.
- Provide 3/4 cup of corn meal (fine or medium ground).
- Get 4 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Instructions to make Buttermilk Corn Muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 400F..
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, sugar, vegetable oil, and sour cream until they're thoroughly incorporated..
- Sift the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt into the wet mixture and stir until all the ingredients are just thoroughly combined and no more. (It's very important to resist the urge to stir the batter to a smooth consistency. When you do that, you can overwork the gluten in the flour, which results in a more dense and chewy texture to the muffin, which is not what we want here.) Let the batter sit for 10 to 30 minutes..
- Pour the batter into 10 to 12 even portions into a buttered or lined muffin tin (I use silicone molds), and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, depending on the size (more time for fewer muffins, less time for more)..
- If you'd like a little extra browning like you see in the photo, before the last 4 minutes of baking, brush the top of each muffin with a little buttermilk. (Or you can just take a stick of butter and run it once over the tops. The heat does the melting, and I save a dirty dish. 😉 ).
If you find this Buttermilk Corn Muffins recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.