Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Deciding to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? One healthy alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy eating plan.
All in all, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to harvest spice bread (or muffins) recipe. To make harvest spice bread (or muffins) you only need 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins):
- Use 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- Take 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- Take 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- Provide 1/4 tsp. of ground cloves.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- Use 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Provide 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Get 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree.
- Take 1 of heaping cup peeled and shredded apple.
- Provide 3/4 cup of peeled and freshly shredded carrot.
- Take 2 tbsp. of milk.
- Take 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Provide of Rolled oats, for topping (optional).
Instructions to make Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins):
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5" loaf pan and set it aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger until combined, then set that aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk and pumpkin. Then whisk in the shredded apple and carrot. Pour the wet batter into the dry and fold together until it's just combined, then fold in the walnuts..
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with oats if you'd like. Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out mostly clean. If you notice the bread is browning quickly, then tent some foil loosely over the top halfway through baking time. Let it cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack, before removing the loaf and slicing it. Leftover bread can be stored in the fridge for a week or so..
- For Muffins: Grease a 12 count muffin tin instead of a loaf pan and pour the batter to the top of each tin. Initially, preheat the oven to 425°F. Bake the muffins for 5 minutes, then keep them in the oven and lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool in the pan for 5 or so minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- For Mini-Loaves (as pictured): Grease the mini-loaf pans rather than the large one. Bake at 350°F for 33-38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out mostly clean. Place the mini loaf pans onto a wire rack to cool completely..
If you find this Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.