Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, Persian Eggplant Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Ash-E Bademjan | Persian Eggplant Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ash-E Bademjan | Persian Eggplant Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you probably choose lots of food items out of habit. For instance, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ash-e bademjan | persian eggplant soup recipe. persian eggplant soup using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Ash-E Bademjan | Persian Eggplant Soup:
- Take of Yogurt Whey / Kashk:.
- Get 1 Cup of Whole Milk Yogurt,.
- Take 1 TSP of Sea Salt,.
- Use 1 TBSP of Fresh Lemon Juice,.
- You need of Soup:.
- Use 4 of Eggplant Peeled,.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Olive Oil,.
- Use 1 of Yellow Onion Finely Minced,.
- Provide 4 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Turmeric Powder,.
- Get 5 Cups of Vegetable Stock,.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Green Lentils,.
- Provide of Chickpeas Drained, 1 Can / 440g.
- Get Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Provide Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- Use of To Serve:.
- Prepare 3 TBSP of Olive Oil,.
- Use 1 of Yellow Onion Finely Sliced,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Fresh Mint Coarsely Chopped,.
- Use 1/2 TSP of Turmeric Powder,.
- Provide of Whole Milk Yogurt, For Serving.
- Use of Barbari, For Serving.
Steps to make Ash-E Bademjan | Persian Eggplant Soup:
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/single-post/2018/12/10/Barbari for the barbari recipe..
- Prepare the kashk. In a sauce pot over medium heat, add yogurt, salt and lemon juice. Stir until well combine. Bring it up to a boil. *You can see that the whey starts to separate from the milk solids.*.
- Remove from heat. Transfer into a strainer lined with cheesecloth over a bowl. Set aside until all the whey has been drained for about 20 to 30 mins. Discard the whey. Transfer the kashk into a bowl and set aside until ready to use..
- Prepare the soup. Coarsely slice the eggplants into slices. Lightly coat the eggplant slices with salt. Line them on a wire cooling rack to drain out any liquid. Set aside for 30 mins..
- After 30 mins, you can see some liquid has been drew out from the eggplants. Pat the eggplant slices dry with kitchen paper. Coarsely dice the eggplant and set aside. In a sauce pot over medium heat, add oil..
- Once oil start to heat up, add in onion. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until caramelized. It should take about 15 to 20 mins. Add in garlic and turmeric..
- Saute until aromatic and well combined. Deglaze sauce pot with 1 cup of vegetable stock. Add in lentils, chickpeas and eggplants. *If you're using dried chickpeas, soak them overnight in water.*.
- Saute until well combined. Add in the remaining vegetable stock. Stir to combine well. Bring it up to a simmer..
- Bring the heat down to low. Cover and cook for about 20 to 30 mins or until the eggplants are soft, lentils and chickpeas are puffy + tender. *Stir occasionally to prevent burning.*.
- Add in kashk. Stir to combine well. Continue cooking for another 10 mins. *Stir occasionally to prevent burning.*.
- Taste and adjust for final seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat..
- To serve. In a skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once oil is heated up, add in onion. Saute until caramelized..
- It should take 15 to 20 mins. Remove from heat and set aside. In the same skillet, add mint and turmeric. Saute until well combine and aromatic..
- Remove from heat and set aside. Ladle the soup into serving bowl. Garnish with caramelized onion and sauted mint. Drizzle yogurt over the top. Serve with barbari..
If you find this Ash-E Bademjan | Persian Eggplant Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.