Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect spinach & cheese stuffed shells recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect spinach & cheese stuffed shells recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to spinach & cheese stuffed shells recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making a couple of modest changes.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spinach & cheese stuffed shells recipe. You can cook spinach & cheese stuffed shells using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare spinach & cheese stuffed shells:
- Provide of sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 1/2 of chopped onion.
- You need 3 of minced garlic cloves.
- Use 1 can of 14 oz. diced tomatoes.
- Use 2 can of 14 oz. tomato sauce.
- Get 2 of beef bouillon cubes.
- Get 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare of pasta.
- You need 1 box of 12 oz. shells, cooked and drained.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 lb of fresh spinach.
- Take 1/4 cup of water.
- Get 1 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- You need 3 cup of ricotta.
- Take 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 2 of minced garlic cloves.
- Take 1 cup of parmesan cheese divided.
- Provide 1/8 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Provide 1/4 cup of minced fresh parsley.
Instructions to make spinach & cheese stuffed shells:
- for sauce, heat olive oil in lg. heavy saucepan. add onion and saute. add garlic and saute. add tomatoes, tomato sauce, cubes, basil, oregano, parsley and sugar. Stir well and simmer 30 min. add salt and pepper.
- preheat oven to 350.
- toss cooked pasta with olive oil and set aside.
- combine spinach with water in a lg saucepan over med heat. simmer, covered until spinach is wilted. drain well and squeeze to remove excess moisture. finely chop spinach.
- combine mozzarella and ricotta with eggs, garlic, spinach, 1/2 C parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper in lg. bowl. stir to blend. stuff pasta shells with cheese mixture in 2 (13 x 9) baking dishes and cover with sauce. sprinkle evenly with remaining parmesan cheese and parsley.
- bake 25-30 min. until cheese is melted and sauce is hot and bubbly.
If you find this spinach & cheese stuffed shells recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.