Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Colorful Chicken Roast recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Colorful Chicken Roast recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Colorful Chicken Roast recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making a couple of modest changes.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. If you presently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to colorful chicken roast recipe. To cook colorful chicken roast you need 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Colorful Chicken Roast:
- Prepare 8 of carrots.
- You need 4 of celery sticks.
- You need 4 of red vine tomatoes.
- Get 1 cup of whole Sunburst tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 head of purple cabbage.
- Take 8 slice of bacon.
- You need 1 of chicken, quartered.
- Use 1 of kosher salt.
- Provide 1 of fresh cracked black pepper.
- You need 1 of thyme.
- You need 1 of basil.
- Provide 1 cup of water.
- Provide 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- Use 2 of yellow squash.
Instructions to make Colorful Chicken Roast:
- Preheat oven to 375..
- Pour 1 cup water into the bottom of a large broiling pan. Drop in the bouillon cube..
- Cut the carrots so the chunks are maybe an inch long on the thick end of the carrot and two inches on the skinny side..
- Cut the celery into 1-2 inch chunks..
- Quarter the tomatoes..
- Place into a large mixing bowl the carrots, celery, and small tomatoes (don't bother cutting the tiny tomatoes). Pour over them a tablespoon of olive oil, and mix well..
- Place the oiled veggies into the broiling pan. Sprinkle kosher salt, cracked pepper, basil, and thyme over them..
- Add the chicken quarters, and season the top sides of them similarly..
- Lay out eight strips of bacon across the contents of the pan..
- Place the tomato quarters skin side up on top..
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil (or a lid, if your pan comes with one), and make covered for 20 minutes..
- Remove the pan from the oven and raise the temperature to 400..
- Uncover the pan. Cut cabbage up into large chunks and sprinkle it across the roast..
- Replace the roast. Bake uncovered for another 25 minutes..
- Always remember to check your chicken's doneness before serving. It should reach an internal temperature of 165°F. The veggies should be a bit crisp still..
If you find this Colorful Chicken Roast recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.