Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Cheesy Potato Bake recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Cheesy Potato Bake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cheesy Potato Bake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cheesy potato bake recipe. You can cook cheesy potato bake using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Cheesy Potato Bake:
- Use 2 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 of onion.
- Get 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Provide 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of Feta cheese (optional).
Instructions to make Cheesy Potato Bake:
- Preheat the oven to 370°F.
- Grease an oven safe dish with a bit of melted butter or oil spray. My dish is approx 25 cm by 15 cm and 7 cm deep..
- Peel and slice your potatoes thinly, about 5 mm thick. Get thinly slice onions and grate the cheese..
- Lay a single layer of the sliced potatoes at the base of your oven dish. Sprinkle a little flour, some onion, some cheese and black pepper. Cover with another layer of potato and repeat. The top layer should be potato and cheese only..
- Once all layers are complete, pour the milk over the top to soak through all the layers. Put in the oven to bake for an hour and a half. The cheese should be golden brown and bubbling, and the potatoes soft in the Centre and crunchy on the sides..
- Serve as a side dish to your favourite meat, like a roast chicken or BBQ skewers. Or you can cut up some ham or bacon and sprinkle in the layers. The extras you can add are limitless! I've added some feta cheese to mine to go along side ribs and green beans..
If you find this Cheesy Potato Bake recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.