Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Baked mac and cheese recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked mac and cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked mac and cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making several small changes.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked mac and cheese recipe. To make baked mac and cheese you need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked mac and cheese:
- Provide 1 lb of large elbow noodles.
- Take 32 oz of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Provide 1 cup of sour cream.
- Take 2 cups of sharp cheddar.
- You need 1 cup of Monterey jack.
- Provide 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Get 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Take 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
Steps to make Baked mac and cheese:
- Boil elbow noodles in chicken broth to Al dente.
- Mix heavy cream and 2 eggs together in a bowl and set aside.
- Grease your cast iron with butter and preheat oven to 375.
- Drain noodles and stir in butter (sliced), sour cream,seasoning and heavy cream mixture.
- Once incorporated mix 1 cup cheddar and 1/2 cup of Monterey jack.
- Spoon in half of the mixture and layer 1/2 cup cheddar and 1/4 cup Monterey jack.
- Layer in the remaining noodles and cheese. Sprinkle with a dusting of paprika.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden crust forms.
If you find this Baked mac and cheese recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.