Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Baked Ziti – Tuscan Flavored recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked Ziti – Tuscan Flavored recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Ziti – Tuscan Flavored recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, just making a couple of small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can also be beneficial for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. While you may already consume lots of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked ziti – tuscan flavored recipe. You can cook baked ziti – tuscan flavored using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baked Ziti – Tuscan Flavored:
- Get 1 of eggplant (peeled, sliced 1/2”).
- Prepare 1 of zucchini (sliced 1/2”).
- Take 4 of plum tomatoes (sliced in half – lengthwise).
- Get 1/2 of red onion (halved – lengthwise).
- Provide of Drizzle of olive oil.
- Use 1 lb. of Italian sausage (mild or hot).
- Prepare 1 can (5.75 oz) of whole, pitted black olives (sliced in half).
- Use 1 jar of roasted red bell peppers (chopped).
- Use of Drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Get 1 box (16 oz) of Pasta – Penne or Ziti.
- Take 1 of large jar (32oz) or more, tomato sauce.
- Take Dash of red pepper flakes.
- Get 1/2 cup of fresh basil (chopped).
- Provide 16 oz of fresh shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Get 3/4 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped).
Instructions to make Baked Ziti – Tuscan Flavored:
- Heat grill to medium temperature..
- Place the first four prepared vegetables on a platter for grilling. Drizzle all the vegetables lightly with olive oil. [A bit heavier with the eggplant].
- Place the slices on the grill (oil side down) and reduce the grill temp to low – medium. Brush olive oil on the tops. Grill for 7 minutes, then 5 minutes on the other side. [Keep tomatoes to a lower temp side of the grill].
- Remove the vegetables to a platter, but leave the onion to grill a bit more. Place the sausage(s) on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side. Remove the sausage and onion to a plate and let cool..
- On a cutting board, slice the grilled vegetables into bite-sized portions. Place them into a large bowl. Add the black olives and roasted red bell peppers. Drizzle the bowl ingredients with balsamic vinegar..
- On a cutting board, slice the sausage into 1/2” slices. Place these pieces on a plate..
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions for a slightly al dente firmness. Drain the pasta (do not rinse) and drizzle with olive oil while mixing..
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees..
- Take a very large lasagna pan (or deep dish pan) and coat the bottom of the pan with a bit of the tomato sauce. Add the pasta and then the vegetables and spread evenly. Place the sausage pieces on top..
- Spread the rest of the tomato sauce on top and add a dash of red pepper flakes (lightly) to areas of the sauce. Top the sauce with fresh basil and now the cheese. Place the pan in the heated oven..
- Bake covered (aluminum foil) for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes to brown the cheese. Remove the pan and allow it to cool for 15 minutes. Top with parsley..
- Use a large serving spoon or spatula to serve. Enjoy with toasted garlic bread and northern Italian red wine..
If you find this Baked Ziti – Tuscan Flavored recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.