Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Spicy Fish Croquettes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy Fish Croquettes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Fish Croquettes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy fish croquettes recipe. To cook spicy fish croquettes you need 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Spicy Fish Croquettes:
- You need 500 g of Fish fillet.
- You need of Potato – 2, medium-sized- boiled.
- Use 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare of Curry Leaves – 3-4, chopped.
- Take of Onion – 1, finely chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of Ginger and garlic paste.
- Provide of Green chili – 1-2, finely chopped.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Provide of Red chili powder – 1 tsp (adjust).
- Get 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala powder.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Amchur powder.
- Prepare of Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, finely chopped.
- Use of Egg – 1, large.
- Use of Breadcrumbs – 1 cup or more.
- You need of Salt and pepper – for seasoning.
- Get of Oil for Deep/Shallow fry.
Instructions to make Spicy Fish Croquettes:
- Clean and cut Fish fillet into very small pieces and keep it aside. Mash the potatoes and keep it aside.
- In a large pan or deep skillet, heat the oil. Splutter cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add onions and saute until translucent. Add the ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chili and saute well till the raw smell is gone..
- Now add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala powder and saute for a few seconds..
- Add the fish pieces and salt. Cook the fish on all sides. When the fish is opaque (cooked), mash it lightly with the spoon.
- Add the mashed potatoes and stir to combine well with the masala and fish. Cook together till mixture is dry..
- Sprinkle black pepper powder, amchur powder and coriander leaves, mix well and remove from heat. Allow to cool completely.
- Whisk the egg, season lightly with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Take breadcrumbs in another bowl..
- Pinch lime-sized balls of the fish filling, shape into cutlets or as desired.
- Dip each patty in the egg, then roll generously in breadcrumbs. Transfer to a large tray or plate. Do until completed.
- Freeze for later use or use it immediately, its best to refrigerate it at least 30 minutes before frying.
- Deep fry the croquettes until golden brown on all sides over low medium heat. Drain excess oil over tissue paper.
- Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
If you find this Spicy Fish Croquettes recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.