Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Baked ratatouille recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked ratatouille recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked ratatouille recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Deciding to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. It could be that you already think that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked ratatouille recipe. You can cook baked ratatouille using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Baked ratatouille:
- Prepare 1 cup of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- Provide 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Provide 1 tsp of thyme.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Provide 1/2 of salt.
- Prepare 4 of thin slices swiss cheese, low fat is fine.
- Get 1 of skinny unpeeled eggplant, sliced into 1/4" thick rounds..
- Prepare 1 of unpeeled yellow squash, sliced into 1/4" thick rounds.
- Take 1 of unpeeled zucchini, sliced into 1/4" thick rounds.
- Get 1 of green pepper, cored and sliced into 1/4" rounds.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1 of goat cheese, for serving (optional).
Instructions to make Baked ratatouille:
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 7"x10" pan with nonstick cooking spray..
- Pour tomato puree into bottom of pan and sprinkle with onion, thyme, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Stir lightly..
- Layer cheese over tomato mixture..
- Arrange vegetable slices in dish, overlapping prettily. Drizzle olive oil over top and sprinkle with additional salt and pepper..
- Cover with parchment paper and bake 1 hour, or until veggie slices appear soft but not mushy..
- Serve with a tablespoon of goat cheese, if desired..
If you find this Baked ratatouille recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.