Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Super Easy Provençal Inspired Roast Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Super Easy Provençal Inspired Roast Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are a lot of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically think that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently consume a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to super easy provençal inspired roast chicken recipe. To cook super easy provençal inspired roast chicken you need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Super Easy Provençal Inspired Roast Chicken:
- Get 4 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces, patted dry.
- Prepare 6 of ripe med tomatoes, cut into sixths. If using some or all grape tomatoes like I did, 8 to 10 of them equal one regular tomato – no need to cut them.
- Use 1 of medium onion, peeled and cut into sixths.
- Use 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and lightly crushed.
- Provide 3/4 cup of well drained olives (salty black ones or Kalamata types are typical, but I use whatever's on hand).
- Get 1 of lemon, half cut into 1/4-inch thick slices, the other half juiced.
- Take 2-2.5 teaspoons of kosher salt (depending on how salty your olives and how salty you like your food).
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Get 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley and/or basil.
- Get of optional: up to 2 tsp dried herbes de provence (or any combination of the herbs that go into it, if you don't have the specific blend: basil, rosemary, sage, thyme, fennel, lavender, savory).
- You need 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
Instructions to make Super Easy Provençal Inspired Roast Chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 425F..
- Place all ingredients in a large roasting pan or baking dish, except for the lemon slices, finishing by sprinkling the salt, pepper and herbs as evenly as reasonably possible over the entire area. (This reduces the amount of tossing/jostling of ingredients needed to evenly distribute the seasoning.).
- Get in there with your hands and gently toss all the ingredients together to evenly distribute the seasoning..
- Pull the chicken pieces and distribute them evenly atop the vegetables, skin side up. Distribute the lemon slices atop a few of the chicken pieces..
- Roast the chicken in the middle rack of the oven for 30 minutes, then move to the next rack up to encourage browning on the skin for another 45 minutes..
- That's it! I like to serve it with slices of crusty bread on the side for a super easy and complete meal, and the soft, sweet roasted garlic is specially delicious when paired with a little butter on that bread. And in warm weather like we've been having, we find a chilled Sauv Blanc or Pinot Gris/Grigio is a perfect way to wash it down..
If you find this Super Easy Provençal Inspired Roast Chicken recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.