Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Simple red lentil curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple red lentil curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, just making some minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you currently eat plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple red lentil curry recipe. You can cook simple red lentil curry using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Simple red lentil curry:
- Take 300 grams of red lentils.
- You need 200 ml of coconut cream.
- Get 1 of white onion, finely chopped.
- Get 3 of gloves of garlic.
- You need 2.5 cm of fresh ginger.
- Take Half of teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Prepare Half of teaspoon cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of corriandar powder.
- Use 2 of green finger sized chillies.
- Prepare 2 of cloves.
- Provide 2 of cardamoms.
- You need Half of teaspoon black peppers.
- Provide of Salt.
- Get 1 table spoon of tomato paste.
- Take of Lemon wedges to serve.
- Prepare of Fresh mint leaves for garnish.
- Provide as needed of Butter or ghee.
Steps to make Simple red lentil curry:
- Melt butter/ghee in the pot. Fry onions until they change colour. Put ginger and garlics and chillies in food processor or chopper. Add ginger and garlic and chillies to pot. Saute few seconds until you feel the aroma..
- Add cloves,cardamoms turmeric, cumin and corriandar and saute few seconds. Wash and drain red lentils two times and add them to the pot..
- Add tomato paste, salt and enought water. Bring it to boil. Cover the pot until lentils half cooked(about 10 minutes). Add coconut cream. Continue simmering for another 30 minutes. Add black pepper.Discard cardamoms and cloves. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve with naan or plain steamed rice and lemon wedges.I did not have fresh mint at home. That is why I used dried mint as you see in the photo..
If you find this Simple red lentil curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.