Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Enhancing Treats.
We all know that having healthy snacks can help us truly feel better inside our bodies. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones contributes to a more healthy feeling. A bit of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and increase our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
One of the most popular treats is yogurt. Sometimes people decide to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the right idea. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you’ll be able to reach for. It contains tons of calcium, proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is very easy for the physical body to digest and, based on the type of culture made use of to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help regulate your digestive system. Try adding some nutritious nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an uncomplicated way to minimize sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily accessible. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To make french onion soup you need 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Take 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Use 4 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 7 cups of sliced onions (about 7 medium onions).
- Take 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Take 8 cups of beef broth (I use 8 cups water and 8 packets beef bovril).
- You need 1 clove of garlic sliced.
- Get 1 tsp of sugar.
- Take 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 stick of French bread sliced into 1/2 or 3/4 inch thick pieces.
- Use of Swiss gruyere or mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced or grated).
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter in large sauce pan then add 2 Tbsp olive oil..
- Stir in onions, garlic and sugar..
- Cook uncovered over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally for 20 to 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown..
- Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Add beef stock and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for another 30 to 40 minutes..
- While the soup simmers, prepare the bread..
- Brush bread slices lightly with remaining olive oil on both sides and put on pan in 350 degree oven. Lightly toast each side (turn part way)..
- Ladle soup into individual oven proof bowls and top with 2 or 3 slices of French bread followed by the cheese..
- Put oven proof bowls on a baking pan and bake in 350 degree for 10 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.