Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Chorizo Lasagna recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Chorizo Lasagna recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a number of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
You can obtain results without eliminating foods from your diet or make huge changes at once. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to return to your old diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken chorizo lasagna recipe. To make chicken chorizo lasagna you only need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Chorizo Lasagna:
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped jalapeno peppers (if you like heat keep the seeds).
- You need 1 of cooked rotisserie chicken (2 1/2 lbs) shredded.
- Use 1 packages of (15 oz) chorizo * I used one 10oz beef chorizo.
- Provide 2 each of eggs lightly beaten *next time I will only use one.
- Take 1 each of (15 oz) ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 4 can of 10 oz each enchilada sauce * I used only 3 cans of mild enchilada sauce and it was still soupy..
- Provide 12 of no cook lasagna noodles ( I only used 9).
- Get 4 cup of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese * I eye balled it..
- Get 1/2 cup of minced cilantro (for presentation).
Instructions to make Chicken Chorizo Lasagna:
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook the chorizo and jalapenos until chorizo is done. Drain. Add chicken..
- In a separate bowl, mix ricotta and egg. ( I seasoned this with salt and pepper.).
- Take a greased 13 x 9 in baking dish and spread 1 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom. Place your noodles on top. Then 1/3 of your ricotta mixture. And 1/2 of the chicken mixture. Then the shredded cheese. And finally enchilada sauce. (I did not use a whole can here). Repeat layers..
- Top with remaining noodles, ricotta mixture, enchilada sauce, and shredded cheese..
- Baked covered for 45 – 50 minutes. Then bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Cilantro and let it stand for 15 minutes before serving. ( I did not do the Cilantro here because I made pico de gallo)..
- * The original recipe also added a recipe for avacado cream sauce which includes 2 medium avacados (peeled, pitted and halved), 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/4 tsp salt all blended together until smooth. ( I did not make this but had sour cream, Guacamole, and pico de gallo. The lasagna needs a touch of freshness to give it a lift.).
If you find this Chicken Chorizo Lasagna recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.