Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Steak & Chicken Fajitas recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Steak & Chicken Fajitas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steak & Chicken Fajitas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re incessantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out some small changes.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to steak & chicken fajitas recipe. You can cook steak & chicken fajitas using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Steak & Chicken Fajitas:
- Take 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Use 1 tsp of grated lime rind.
- Get 2 1/2 tbsp. of fresh lime juice.
- Provide 2 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Get 1/2 tsp of black ground pepper.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 (14.25 oz) of low sodium beef broth.
- Provide 1 lb of flank steak.
- Provide 1 lb of skinned boned chicken breast.
- Take 1 of red bell peppers, each cut into 12 wedges.
- Provide 1 of green bell peppers, each cut into 12 wedges.
- You need 1 of yellow bell peppers, each cut into 12 wedges.
- Use 1 of large onion cut into 12 wedges.
- You need 16 (6 inch) of fat-free flour tortillas.
- Provide 1 cup of bottled salsa.
- Take 1/4 cup of low-fat sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
Instructions to make Steak & Chicken Fajitas:
- To prepare marinade, combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside..
- To prepare fajitas, trim fat from steak. Score a diamond pattern on both sides of the steak. Combine 1 1/2 cups marinade, steak, and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Combine remaining marinade, bell peppers, and onion in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally..
- Remove steak and chicken from bag; discard marinade. Remove vegetables from bag; reserve marinade. Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan; set aside. Place steak, chicken, and vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness..
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil; place tortilla packet on grill rack the last 2 minutes of grilling time. Bring reserved marinade to a boil. Cut steak and chicken diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Place the steak, chicken, and vegetables on a serving platter; drizzle with reserved marinade..
- Arrange about 1 ounce steak, about 1 ounce chicken, 3 bell pepper wedges, and 1 onion wedge in a tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon salsa, about 1 teaspoon sour cream, and 1/2 tablespoon cilantro. Fold sides of tortilla over filling. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately..
If you find this Steak & Chicken Fajitas recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.