Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Ratatouille recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Ratatouille recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ratatouille recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out several modest changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most probably pick out many food items out of habit. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ratatouille recipe. To cook ratatouille you only need 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Ratatouille:
- You need 2 cups of chopped Tomatoes.
- Take 1/2 cup of tomato puree.
- Get 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 pods of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves.
- Get 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Use to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of Zucchini (Green and Yellow).
- Provide 3 of Tomatoes.
- Use of Bell Peppers (Red and Yellow).
- Prepare of Aubergines (Optional).
Steps to make Ratatouille:
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the crushed garlic and saute. Now add the chopped tomatoes and let them cook in their own juices till the quantity reduces to half. Add the tomato puree, chopped basil leaves, sugar, salt and pepper and cook till the sauce thickens. Set aside..
- Thinly slice the Bell peppers, Zucchini, Tomatoes and Aubergines if using and season them with salt and pepper and set aside..
- Take a heavy bottomed dish. Layer the dish with sauce, layer the vegetables and then sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake in an oven at 180 degree Celsius for 30 minutes..
- Serve it hot with a crusty bread or focaccia..
If you find this Ratatouille recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.