Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making a few small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you most probably buy a lot of food items out of habit. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bacon cheddar broccoli soup recipe. You can have bacon cheddar broccoli soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup:
- You need 3 ounces of butter.
- Take 3 ounces of flour by weight.
- You need 1 pound of broccoli flowerets — rough chopped.
- Get 4 cloves of garlic- finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of of red bell pepper — small diced.
- Take 1 cup of Sweet onion — small diced.
- Provide 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Get 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 8 ounces of half and half.
- You need 1 cup of cheddar cheese – shredded.
- Provide 5 slices of bacon cooked and diced fine.
Steps to make Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup:
- Over a medium heat add the butter then the flour and stir constantly and cook for 3 minutes to make a white roux. (This will thicken the soup) Set aside..
- Simmer the broccoli, garlic, red bell pepper, onions and seasoning in chicken stock until tender. About 20 minutes.
- Whisk in the white roux until incorporated, stir and simmer for fifteen minutes..
- Puree the soup with hand blender, food processor or blender; start off slow so that you do not burn yourself..
- Return the soup to the stove and bring to a simmer and add cheese and half and half until melted..
- Add in the chopped bacon.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
If you find this Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.