Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Lasagna Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lasagna Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. People typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making some minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can see results without eliminating foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. Even more important than completely changing your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Soon enough, you will discover that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you won’t want to eat the old diet.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lasagna casserole recipe. You can cook lasagna casserole using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lasagna Casserole:
- You need 16 oz of uncooked pasta, shape is your choice. I use elbow mac, rotini, or penne. If you can find mini lasagna noodles go for it, bow tie works good too.
- Get 2 cups of or so Mozzarella cheese for topping.
- Provide of Sauce.
- You need 2 lbs of ground meat, personally we like 1/2 beef and 1/2 venison. You could use pork, turkey, sausage, whatever.
- Use 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, if your meat lacks fat.
- Take 1/2 of large onion, diced.
- Take 3-4 cloves of minced garlic.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Take 1 tbsp of dried basil, oregano, and parsley.
- Get 44 oz of jar of pasta sauce, and a little water to rinse out the jar.
- Use 6 oz of can of tomato paste (optional for more intense tomato flavor).
- Take 1 tbsp of cooking sherry.
- Provide 1-2 tbsp of red wine vinegar (cuts the sweetness).
- Provide Pinch of sugar to bring flavors together.
- Take of Cheese filling layer.
- Use 24 oz of cottage cheese or ricotta (full fat tastes best).
- Use 2 of eggs.
- Use 2 tbsp of parsley.
- Get 1/2 tsp of pepper (use slightly more if coarse ground).
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- Use 8 oz of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
Steps to make Lasagna Casserole:
- Bring large pot of water to boil, salt water and cook noodles to al dente. Drain and set aside..
- Brown meat, and as meat is getting close to done add in onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until onions are getting translucent, and add herbs (oregano, parsley, and basil). Then add pasta sauce and tomato paste if using. Stir well together, add the vinegar and sherry. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, add the sugar, then let simmer together for an hour. Watch bottom of pan that it doesn't scorch..
- Heat oven to 375. Put your cheese and two eggs into a bowl, beat together until smooth (important for if you use cottage cheese instead of ricotta, helps smooth out out. Cottage cheese also spreads easier during assembly). Stir in pepper, parsley, and parmesan. Finally mix in Mozzarella cheese..
- Once all your components are assembled, spray a 11×16 casserole pan with cooking spray. You will assemble starting with 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the sauce, and 1/2 of cheese mixture. Repeat the layers, and end with last third of noodles topped with sauce. Finally spread 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese over top of the casserole..
- Cover with foil, bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, if you want the cheese on top browned and slightly more crispy put under the broiler for a hot minute. Allow to cool for 10 minutes to set up before dishing up. Feed to hungry children and husband!.
If you find this Lasagna Casserole recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.