Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a lot of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re constantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a few modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to crockpot chicken ratatouille recipe. To cook crockpot chicken ratatouille you only need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille:
- You need 1 of large pack chicken thighs (or you can use boneless chicken).
- Get 1 can of Crushed Tomatoes (28 oz).
- Take 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Oregano.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Use 1 teaspoon of dry basil leaves.
- Provide 1 can of Chick Peas (garbanzos,undrained).
- Use 1 of large eggplant, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 3 of zucchini, cut into coins.
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of parsley Flakes.
- Provide of Fresh garlic, minced (5-6).
- Provide of Salt.
Steps to make Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille:
- Peel and cut eggplant into cubes, then place into a colander with a bowl underneath to catch drippings and generously apply salt to your cubed eggplant, let sit out with the salt for about 30 min.(this will extract the xtra moisture that’s in the eggplant)……
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, season with some black pepper and place on a baking pan, set oven to broil and broil chicken until slightly browned, then place into crock pot (use this step only if your using bone – in chicken thighs, skin on), I took out the skin on my chicken thighs,otherwise cut chicken and place into crockpot……..
- Cut up your zucchini, onion, green pepper, and mince your garlic, rinse off the salt from your eggplant and drain well, and place all veggies into crockpot, including can of undrained chick peas……
- Pour the tomatoes over the chicken and veggies in crockpot, then sprinkle your remaining ingredients over all…..
- Stir gently, cover and cook on low for 8 hours……
- Eat and enjoy with white rice or by itself 🍛!!!! 😋.
If you find this Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.